Pet PeevesJune 28, 2008
If this is your first time here and if you haven’t already gathered from the title of this blog, I am a resto druid. I like it most of the time once I have my rotation down and if I don’t miss anything, I think I’m pretty good. Usually my healing stays in the arena setting, but I do raid healing once in a while, as well.
I don’t think I’m too big of a complainer (except about rogues), but we all have our pet peeves. Whether you are a DPS class or a tank, we all have these little things that bother us. So I made a list of some of the things that really bother me the most about being a healer:
- When people call out for heals after the fight is over.
- Having to use my battle rez on an aggro puller who will die again.
- Giving a DPS class my innervate. (It has a 6 minute cool down, and I use it as part of my rotation in a mana conserving fight)
- Healing the hunter’s pet, because they don’t use mend pet.
- Pulling agro off the tank, during an AOE pull.
- Having to move during a fight (in Tree of life form; movement speed reduced by 20%)
- Not being put in the main tanks group, when I am healing him. (The of life healing buff)
- Having to Abolish poison/Dispel curse, while trying to heal.
- Big rooms where some people in the raid are out of range.
- Being compared to a healer who doesn’t use HoTs.
- When the tank forgets to wear his tanking gear.
- L.O.S pulls, the tank starts to take damage before he comes around the corner, and so my healing rotation starts late.
- 20-minute rez cool down.
- People who use the ‘calls out for a heal’ emote.
- People who call out for heals frantically on vent, even though I can see their health bar.
- People who don’t use bandages/didn’t level their first aid.
- Warlocks who lifetap in the middle of a fight.
- When the cc breaks right next to me.
These are the things that bother me the most about being a healer. Whether you are a healer or not, what are your pet peeves?